Plan your romantic Colorado getaway to Glenwood Springs. Our three-day itinerary takes lovebirds on a romantic journey filled with new experiences, blissful relaxation and active adventures.
Experience “all the feels” with a romantic trip to Glenwood Springs. Like a Valentine’s Day box of chocolates, choose from among these amorous activities for a satisfying three-day escape with your soulmate.
Day 1: Getting to Glenwood Springs
- Romance on the Go. As you make your way to Glenwood Springs, take time to appreciate some of Colorado’s most spectacular scenery. If time permits, make stops to take photos at places of interest including Lake Dillon in Summit County, the fabled ski slopes of Vail or the rural countryside near Grand Junction.
- Falls to Fall For. There’s something incredibly romantic about waterfalls. If you’re driving east on I-70 from Grand Junction, visit Rifle Falls in Rifle State Park. It’s a short walk and is gorgeous any time of year. Hanging Lake is always a stunner, but a more difficult hike in winter; if you go, purchase a hiking permit in advance.
- Charming Rooms. An ideal hub for your romantic Colorado getaway, Glenwood Springs lodging is unique, plentiful and affordable. Bed and breakfasts, slope-side condos, historic hotels, lodges or cozy mom-and-pop places are just a few of the possibilities.
- Something Delicious. You’ll find an array of couple-perfect options for dining. Restaurants with an especially romantic vibe include Brava Modern Trattoria, CO. Ranch House, The Pullman, Riviera Supper Club and Piano Bar, Rivers Restaurant and the Hotel Colorado Restaurant and Bar.
Day 2: Experience Matters
- Flurry of Fun. Sunlight Mountain Resort is Glenwood’s very own ski area. It’s friendly, accessible, adjacent and offers a mountain-full of other winter adventures including trails for snowshoeing and Nordic skiing, as well as snowmobiling tours. Aspen and Vail are also nearby.
- Intoxicating. Sample the local suds and spirits. In Glenwood Springs, try sour beers at Casey Brewing Taproom and more award-winning brews at Glenwood Canyon Brewpub. Cooper Wine & Spirits hosts in-store tastings on Fridays and Saturdays. Further south, you’ll find Marble Distilling and Woody Creek Distillers.
- Good Humor. Finish out the day with a round of drinks and hearty laughs at the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue, where the cast pokes fun at Colorado quirkiness, relationships and more. Is there anything more attractive than seeing your partner enjoying a good laugh?
Day 3: Linger a Little Longer
- Go Out for Breakfast. Whether you grab a premium barista-made cup of coffee or a full-on Sunday brunch, savor it all. Long after you leave Glenwood Springs, you’ll replay these little vacation scenes and over.
- Soak in Hot Springs. If you haven’t done so already, take a dip in geothermal waters at Iron Mountain Hot Springs or Glenwood Hot Springs Resort. Soaking in the mineral-rich waters will boost your mood and keep you relaxed for the return trip home.
- Stroll through Shops. On your final day in town, it’s fun to go shopping for a special something to take home as a remembrance of your couple’s getaway to Glenwood Springs.
Find the perfect Glenwood Springs Hotel or B&B for you:
Be the first one to know about news & events in the Land of Water & Enjoy insider benefits:
Order the official travel guide:
Glenwood Springs in Winter: