After wrapping up his round-the-world flight on Christmas Eve, Santa and Mrs. Claus are ready for a little downtime at hot springs and spas in Glenwood Springs. Follow in the jolly elf’s trail as he embarks on a well-earned wellness retreat.
After a long night of squeezing through chimneys, discreetly dropping off presents and eating sweets around the globe, Santa ditched the reindeer and instead swept his bride off for a few days of relaxing alone time in Glenwood Springs. Take a cue from the Kringle’s and reboot and recharge after the holidays.
Post-Holiday Hot Spot
Fatigue and sore muscles aren’t surprising after a long night of zipping through the sky in a sleigh and the holidays in general. Soon after arriving in Glenwood Springs, Santa and the Mrs. headed straight for Glenwood’s legendary thermal attractions, and you can too. For maximum benefit, visit all three: Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, Yampah Spa & Vapor Caves and Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
- Work off holiday second helpings by swimming laps or going for a stroll in the enormous outdoor pool at Glenwood Hot Springs. The water provides resistance and a gentle workout. Pop into Glenwood Hot Springs Athletic Club (additional fee) for an intense full-body workout on state-of-the-art equipment or take a fitness class. Alternatively, simply kick back and relax in the geothermal spring water.
- Add on more health-boosting benefits with a visit to Yampah Spa & Vapor Caves. The naturally heated steam caves encourage sweating, which is touted to help the body release toxins. When it comes time to cool off, take a break from the heat with a respite on a comfy lounger in the upstairs solarium.
- At Iron Mountain Hot Springs, follow the Claus’ lead and take a dip in all 17 soaking pools. Find your favorites and enjoy views that overlook the Colorado River. Sopris Café serves adult beverages as well as non-alcoholic ones to sip on while soaking. Raise a toast and celebrate another cherished holiday in the books!
Body Shop Tune-Up
As the world’s largest independent maker of toys, Santa was busy for months overseeing the North Pole workshop. With all the goodies delivered, it’s time for Ol’ St. Nick to give himself and his lady the gift of a much-deserved day at the spas. Wellness destinations on their Glenwood Springs itinerary include Splendor Mountain Spa, Simply Massage and Yampah Spa & Vapor Caves.
- The Watsu pool at Splendor Mountain Spa is big and warm. With the help of a trained therapist, Watsu and Water Dance therapies use the anti-gravity properties of water to promote relaxation. Feeling weightless in the water is a sensation that Santa especially enjoys, especially after indulging in far too many cookies.
- Simply Massage is another spa that hits the spot for the merry couple. The modern, minimalist environment is a refreshing break for those with little ones at home, who like the Kringle’s are surrounded by toys and other children’s items every day. Count on the pros at Simply Massage to expertly undo knots leftover from holiday stress.
- From warm mineral mud baths to sculpting European body wraps, Yampah Spa offers a full menu of unique treatments you won’t find elsewhere. Santa always checks the monthly specials when he visits for a value-priced package that typically includes multiple treatments and admission to the vapor caves.
With the holiday hustle completed, follow Santa and Mrs. Claus’ lead with a relaxing and restorative wellness retreat in Glenwood Springs. Learn more and make plans to visit today.
Download the official Glenwood Springs Travel Guide