Vacations take a little more planning these days. Fortunately, all the fun of traveling to Glenwood Springs, Colorado remains—hot springs, river sports, theme parks, spas and more—booking reservations to play and relax makes it all even better!
Travel Planning: Strategy for Smiles
Doing your homework up front when planning your Glenwood Springs vacation has big-time payoffs. When you make reservations for all the activities you can’t wait to do in the hot springs town, you’ll be the first in your family to smile, but you certainly won’t be the last.
How to Hot Springs in Glenwood Springs
Every visitor to Glenwood Springs looks forward to enjoying the geothermal springs. Kids like to splash and play all day without getting cold, adults prefer long, hot soaks in the restorative waters. No wonder Glenwood’s two outdoor hot springs attractions are so popular!
- Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. Admittance is on a first-come basis.
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Make reservations online for a 2.5-hour soaking window.
Recess! Leisure & Recreation Glenwood Springs-Style
Playtime is fun time, especially when you have reservations for Glenwood Springs’ most popular activities and attractions. Don’t leave anything to chance!
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is America’s only mountain-top theme park with thrill rides, cave tours, a 4-D theater and more. Purchase tickets and schedule your arrival time online.
- Raft the Colorado River for whitewater excitement and spectacular views of Glenwood Canyon. River rafting options range from family floats or rapids-only trips. To book, check with outfitters.
- Spend an afternoon biking the Rio Grande Trail or the Glenwood Canyon Recreation Path. Cruising around is easy when you rent a bike!
- Ace a good time on area golf courses. Play nine-holes or 18; either way, tee up a perfect day on the greens with reservations for a round.
- Laugh yourself silly at the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue, but do take making reservations seriously. The family-friendly comedy shows books up quickly.
Jump to the head of the line at Glenwood Springs restaurants. The Pullman, Riviera Super Club and Piano Bar, Smoke Modern Barbeque, Hugo’s, Hotel Colorado Restaurant & Bar and Rivers all take reservations.
Relax, You’re in Glenwood Springs
Downtime is ultra-calming in Glenwood Springs where spas can help ease away tension. Ahh, yes! Try feel-good therapies like massage and specialty treatments, mineral and mud baths, salt and sugar scrubs, Watsu and water dance!
- Glenwood Springs spas. A wellness destination from way back, your blissful escape awaits. Contact spas by phone or online to schedule an appointment.
- Yampah Spa & Vapor Caves. The historic vapor caves are a rare natural phenomenon, highly regarded for its detoxifying benefits. Pre-book spa and cave visits.
Happy Trails: Hanging Lake to Reopen
To the joy of many, Hanging Lake Trail—the crown jewel of Glenwood Canyon—will reopen to permitted hikers this season.
- Hanging Lake Trail Permits. Visitors must have permits to hike Hanging Lake. Reservations will be accepted beginning April 1, for hiking dates starting on May 1. Purchase permits online for $12 per person.
Well done! With all the required reservations made, give yourself a pat on the back. Your fun-filled, action-packed vacation to Glenwood Springs is booked! For more information, download a vacation planning guide today.
Find out more about Glenwood Springs Lodging