Offering beauty, adventure, romance, Glenwood Springs is a dream location for Colorado destination weddings and elopements.
Weddings these days are as individual and inspired as the couples exchanging vows. Celebration venues in Glenwood Springs offer a heart-stirring mix of options—from riverside parks and mountain-top peaks to historic hotels and working ranches—each one unforgettable!
An al fresco setting is a breath of fresh air. Aside from being practical, a parklike setting offers abundant natural charms. Locations close to the rivers seem to play their own low-key soundtrack, and most outdoor venues have ample shade for a comfortable atmosphere even at the height of summer.
Veltus Park along the Roaring Fork River is a lovely spot for an intimate wedding.
Two River’s Park features rolling expanses of greenway next to the Colorado River.
Getting hitched is one of life’s peak experiences; couples can celebrate by giving their wild-hearted souls free reign on their special day. Inviting friends and family to join in the fun is icing on the cake. Because access to some locations may be more difficult for guests and vendors, adventure-themed weddings are suited to small gatherings and elopements.
- Hanging Lake with its crystalline lake and triple waterfalls is ideal for an elopement with just an officiant and a photographer along. Remember that hiking permits are essential year-round.
- For a summer wedding with spectacular views, consider riding horseback or mountain e-bikes to the top of Sunlight Mountain Resort to exchange vows. In winter, take the lift to the summit and ski down with the bridal party following!
- Spelunkers and rockhounds can make it official inside a cave at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park then celebrate on the viewing deck at Lookout Grille.
- Combine a picture-pretty ceremony with thrilling adventure activities at Glenwood Canyon Resort. Tie the knot beside the Colorado River, host a reception on the deck, honeymoon in a glamping tent or luxury apartment and go rafting and ziplining all without leaving the property!
- Invite guests to relax into ranch life with a country-style wedding at Bair Ranch, a private working ranch in Glenwood Canyon. In addition to chuckwagon dinners and lodge accommodations, everyone can partake in an action-packed itinerary including horseback riding, hiking and guided off-road vehicle tours.
Always Elegant Traditions
A Glenwood Springs landmark hotel is the perfect backdrop for a chic and tasteful ceremony and reception. The in-house wedding planner is sure to become the bride and groom’s best friend, helping with every detail from the menu selection to the table arrangements. Guests will be excited for the opportunity to dress to the nines, enjoy a special chef-prepared menu and dance the night away in a chandelier-lit ballroom. The historic ambiance of The Hotel Colorado makes it a gorgeous spot for weddings; choose from among several event rooms or outdoor setups.
After saying “Yes!” to the marriage proposal, begin planning the destination wedding of your dreams in Glenwood Springs!
Find out more about Glenwood Springs Lodging