Glenwood Springs has a prime assortment of resale outlets ranging from charity thrifts to consignments to pawn shops and used bookstores.
Glenwood Springs is a bargain hunter’s paradise with resale shops selling everything from gently used clothing to high-end guitars and vintage jewelry to furniture direct from the posh hotels and homes in nearby Aspen, Colorado. While nabbing a great deal is certainly part of the appeal, there’s more to thrifting than low-priced goodies.
Three Reasons to Go Thrifting in Glenwood Springs
The Thrill of the Hunt. You never know what exotic treasures you might find on your secondhand retail safari—perhaps a hand-painted silk kimono to adorn your wall space, a pair of Ferragamo pumps in your size or that book you’ve been dying to read. Thrifting in Glenwood Springs is a treasure hunt that almost always yields success in the form of fabulous finds.
High-Quality Items. Some local thrift and consignment stores have arrangements with full-priced retailers throughout the Roaring Fork Valley to take end-of-season sale items. These new items routinely show up at Glenwood’s thrift shops with original tags still attached. You might, for instance, find a never worn, brand name, several-hundred-dollar dress at a secondhand shop for a mere $40 or less! The same is true for furniture; high-quality goods regularly turn up in Glenwood Springs at a fraction of their original price.
It’s Green. You can always feel good about shopping at Glenwood’s resale shops. When you buy resale items you are supporting sustainable practices. Not only are you recycling, in many cases, you are also supporting charitable organizations that help those in need.
The Best Consignment Stores, Thrift Stores and More in Glenwood Springs
- Book Grove is a used bookstore that offers a quality selection of previously owned books, collectible and out-of-print books, as well as a selection of new and popular titles.
- Community Thrift & Treasures has a huge assortment of items to sift through including clothing for men, women and children, electronics and sporting goods. Profits help educate on topics such as sustainability, natural health and social responsibility.
- Defiance Thrift Store supports local charities like LiftUp and the Family Visitor Program. A high turnover of quality merchandise keeps customers coming back for clothing, décor, jewelry and collectibles.
- Habitat for Humanity Restore supports families through the construction of affordable homes for those who might not otherwise be able to purchase a house. Their local warehouse is chock-full of furniture, lighting, artwork, construction materials and more.
- Katie’s Consignment Shop is a sweet spot to peruse for antiques, household items, books, as well as men’s and women’s gently used clothing.
- Lilly’s The Finer Consignor curates the latest fashions and trends at budget-friendly prices. As you browse through the well-organized racks, you’ll quickly forget you’re shopping at a secondhand store.
- Trading Post Pawn specializes in gold and silver including jewelry and coins. They also buy and sell an assortment of other items including musical instruments, sports gear and firearms.
Thrifting is fun, affordable and sustainable; on your next trip to Glenwood Springs, keep your vacation memories fresh with a memento from a local used bookstore, thrift, consignment or pawn shop. Learn more and plan your Glenwood Springs vacation today!
> Find out more about Glenwood Springs Lodging