Get off the bench and get in the game this winter. Sunlight Mountain Resort in Glenwood Springs has new winning strategies for engaging in safe, high-energy days on the slopes all season long.
It’s game-on at Sunlight Mountain Resort. The Glenwood Springs ski area, known for its thrilling East Ridge runs, deep powder stashes and some of the best cruisers in the state, has gone crazy for football this season! And why not? Football fans love a good game; and, as it turns out so do skiers!
Safe & Still Having Fun
Sunlight’s response to the global pandemic has been to make smart plays by being nimble, staying safe, having fun and giving everyone something to smile about. It’s also one of the few resorts in the state that does not require day skiers or passholders to make reservations before hitting the slopes. On the field or on the slopes, the best sports days are the ones where your team wins, and no one gets hurt. Like any good game though, to play you’ve got to know the rules.
To help visitors achieve success, the resort has created the Sunlight Skier & Rider Playbook. Be sure to review all the plays before your next visit.
No Contest: Sunlight’s Best Plays
- Game Day. There’s no “I” in team. This season, we are all in this together. If you’re sick, stay home. You can play another day.
- Gear Up. Wear the uniform. Face coverings are required for all skiers and riders inside the lodge, in the base area and while riding the lifts.
- Go Wide. You know the drill, practice physical distancing by staying six feet apart from others at the lifts and in the base area.
- Score a Deal. Get your ticket to ride and save money by purchasing your lift tickets online.
- Grab & Go. Hydrate and refuel as often as necessary. Sunlight is stocked with fresh, new grab-and-go items, as well as more outdoor food stations for greater convenience. You can even order online and Sunlight will have your food hot and ready to be picked up when you arrive at the base.
- Halftime Huddle. Space inside the lodge is limited, make your car your basecamp for your social group. Pop the hatch or lower the tailgate for an outdoor winter picnic between morning and afternoon runs.
- First Down. Support Sunlight’s biggest boosters by booking an overnight stay with the resort’s lodging partners. Not only will you score a restful night’s sleep, but a great value as well.
- Trick Play. Ski Swim Stay packages are a powerful game-winning strategy, especially for families with young children. Kids 12 and under ski free and everyone on your home team gets to swim and play at the world-famous Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. For your overnight stay, choose from a variety of participating accommodations.
- Go for Two. Run up the score with Slope and Soak packages that include skiing at Sunlight and soaking at either Iron Mountain Hot Springs or Glenwood Hot Springs Resort.
- Touchdown! Congrats on a game well played.
Thanks to Sunlight Mountain’s easy to understand Skier and Rider Playbook, as well as a roster of outstanding players this season, no penalties have been called!
The first quarter of ski season is nearly over, but there’s still plenty of playtime left this winter in Glenwood Springs. Make plans to visit today!
Find out more about Glenwood Springs Lodging