Ready or not, the holidays are sneaking up on us quickly. Don’t panic. Instead, start making your Glenwood Springs winter vacation plans today!
Let’s start with some inspiration:
Now let’s plan!
Thanksgiving is over and Hanukkah, Christmas and New Year’s Eve are almost here! Along with all those big-day celebrations comes seasonal activities like skiing, snowmobiling, shopping and hot springs soaking. It’s an understatement to say, there’s a lot to pack in between turkey feasts and champagne toasts! Glenwood Springs makes it easy for you to wassail through the season. Our holiday guide provides an overview of what’s happening throughout the season so you can plan now and relax later.
Glenwood Springs Holiday Round-up
Get in the Spirit
- Heralding the advent of the holiday season, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park gets a jump on the festivities with Winter on the Mountain beginning Nov. 15. The multi-weekend celebration at America’s only mountain-top theme park celebrates with live music, miles of lights, illuminated rides, cave tours and visits from both Santa Claus and the Coca Cola polar bear.
- On the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 29, the season of lights arrives at the Hotel Colorado. Every year the historic hotel illuminates the night sky with thousands of lights artfully strewn from the height of its landmark towers down to its courtyard trees. The evening culminates with a spectacular fireworks display. Considered one of the best events of its kind in Colorado, it also features an all-day holiday craft fair and appearances by Santa. After the lighting ceremony the hotel stays beautifully decorated throughout the holiday season waiting for your visit!
- Retailers throughout Glenwood Springs help shoppers to power through their holiday gift-giving lists, with many stores offering holiday sales and time-saving complimentary gift wrapping. Stores are congregated in several easy-to-navigate shopping areas that include downtown, Glenwood Meadows, Roaring Fork Marketplace and the Glenwood Springs Mall. Be sure to grab a bite in one of Glenwood Springs’ vibrant restaurants and/or make reservations for a dinner show at the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue to complete your holiday errands in Glenwood Springs.
Go Outside & Play
- Colorado’s family-friendly, affordable ski area, Sunlight Mountain Resort, opens for the 2019/2020 season on Dec. 13 (will open for the weekends starting syarting Friday Dec. 6), followed by Demo Days on Dec. 14. Try out the latest gear for free! On Dec. 21, Santa makes a special stop at Sunlight to spend the day skiing and visiting children and families.
Not a skier? No worries. Sunlight Mountain also caters to non-skiing visitors with guided snowmobile tours, as well as miles of free Nordic and snowshoeing trails.
- For an unbeatable value that’s ideal for families, Glenwood’s Ski Swim Stay packages feature skiing and riding at Sunlight Mountain Resort, swimming and soaking at the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and staying at nearby partner lodges, hotel and motels. Booking it is as easy as one-two-three. Best of all, with this package kids 12 and under ski for free! Start your booking process HERE!
Not a skier? Check out Iron Mountain Hot Springs’ partner hotels page, for a variety of lodging and soaking deals throughout the year.
Relax & Celebrate
- Warm up after a day in the snow as only you can in Glenwood Springs. Three geothermal attractions offer a trio of varied soaking and steaming experiences. Iron Mountain Hot Springs features 16 individual soaking pools that range in temperature from 99°F to 108°F. The natural underground steam caves at Yampah Spa & Vapor Caves are a geothermal novelty. Glenwood Hot Springs Resort is renowned for its historic bathhouse and two enormous pools. On New Year’s Eve, the resort stays open until 1 a.m. so you can ring in the New Year at a party in the world’s largest hot springs pool.
- For music and dancing all night long, attend the City of Glenwood Springs’ New Year’s Eve Party on Seventh Street, the town’s newly completed festival street. The evening features three bands starting at 6 p.m., a fireworks show at 10 p.m. and more music and revelry until the arrival of 2020.
- For an exquisite New Year’s Eve celebration at the Riviera Supper Club consider making reservations at the Riviera’s Fourth Annual New Year’s Eve Celebration: Join them for the finest in cuisine and entertainment with seating at 5:00, 7:15 and 9:30. Six courses with live entertainment. Reservations are required.
Happy Holidays are yours for the making.