https://visitglenwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/7-warm-and-bright.jpg 300 500 resorttrends /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Visit-Glenwood-Springs-Colorado_horzlogo-300x97.png resorttrends2017-11-17 18:28:412019-09-24 14:37:537 Warm & Bright Reasons to Be in Glenwood Springs on Friday, Nov. 24
Any day of the year is a good day to visit Glenwood Springs, Colorado’s favorite hot springs town. But Friday, Nov. 24, from 6 to 9 p.m. is extra special. It’s when Glenwood Springs goes full-on festive with its Holiday Lighting & Wine Walk!
- The Grand Avenue Bridge Grand Opening. To kick things off as only Glenwood Springs can, we are celebrating the grand opening of our new bridge. This is your chance to be part of a history-making event brimming with community pride.
- The Hotel Colorado Lighting Ceremony. Every year, the historic hotel illuminates the night with hundreds of thousands of twinkly lights. The cheery brightness extends indoors too, where holiday displays appear in every nook and cranny to the delight of all. Be sure to visit the Christmas in the Rockies craft vendors for one-of-a-kind finds until 9 p.m.
- Fireworks. Launched from the rooftop of the Hotel Colorado at around 7 p.m., the brilliant display of color and sound is a magical evening highlight for everyone in attendance.
- Santa. Snap photos of the kids with the jolliest elf of all.
- Ice carvings. New this year, see artists at work and marvel at their frozen creations.
- Free tastings. Try something new: wines, distilled beverages, hard ciders, mead and alcohol-free options will be available. Stop at Glenwood’s downtown shops where you can taste samples, ask questions and make purchases. Here’s a smattering of what will be on offer: Stoneyard Distillery, Jack Rabbit Hill Wines, Talbott’s Cider Company, Garrett Estate Cellars, Talon Winery, BookCliff Vineyards, Snow Capped Cider, Williams Cellars, St. Kathryn Cellars and the Meadery of the Rockies!
- Shops open till 9 p.m. Get a jump start on your holiday shopping. Glenwood’s stores are staying open late, including Providence Apothecary, TreadZ, the Book Train, Elizabeth Dean Boutique, Grand Avenue Sweets, the Chocolate Moose Ice Cream Parlor, Sugar Sweet Clothing Too, Cooper Wine & Spirits, Bullock’s, the Fourth Dimension, À La Carte and more.