Swimming and playing in Glenwood Springs’ famous mineral hot springs pools is a guaranteed kid-pleaser. For even more fun, check out these other kid-friendly activities.
For families vacationing in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, visiting Glenwood Hot Springs and Iron Mountain Hot Springs top the list of things-to-do. To make the most of your time in town, round out your travel itinerary by adding in a few of these fun-fueled, family-friendly activities.
1. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. The home of Colorado’s largest show-cave, thrilling adventure rides, a 4-D theater and much more has a kid-endorsed stamp of approval.
2. Rafting. Outfitters expertly guide visitors of all ages though the whitewater excitement of scenic Glenwood Canyon.
3. Cycling. Bring your own or rent bikes in town. Pedal the Rio Grande Trail along the Roaring Fork River or the Glenwood Canyon Recreation Path along the Colorado River.
4. Events. Whether it’s a summer festival, music or culinary event, there’s always something engaging going on in Glenwood Springs.
5. Glenwood Vaudeville Revue. Hilarious comedy entertainment that’s appropriate for the whole family.
6. Ice Cream, Candy & Magic. Kids love all three. Glenwood is home to several ice cream parlors and candy stores. To see and learn amazing magic tricks, check out Glenwood Magic, located inside Grand Avenue Sweets.
7. Glenwood Springs Library. Go to story time, play a game, learn something new, read a book; Glenwood’s beautiful library is a great place to go to unwind.
8. Segway tours. Kids tend to get the hang of riding these upright transports before the grownups do. Follow the leader around town or up Red Mountain for spectacular views of the Roaring Fork Valley.
9. Hike to Doc Holliday’s Grave. Everyone’s favorite gambler and gunslinger; visit Doc’s memorial in Linwood Cemetery. It’s a short hike that also offers views of Glenwood Springs.
10. Ziplining and High Ropes. Give kids the chance to spread their wings with Colorado Adventure Center. Fly from platform to platform over the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon and navigate the obstacles on a high ropes challenge course.
Learn more and book lodging reservations at www.visitglenwood.com.