Sunlight Mountain Resort is Glenwood’s hometown ski area and the affordable choice for skiing and snowboarding families and groups. Located minutes from the town’s bustling hub of lodging, restaurants and hot springs attractions, Sunlight kicked off its 49th season a week early! Check out what else is new for 2015-2016:
- New Snow! More than two feet of snow fell in November enabling the resort to open nearly 300 acres of skiable terrain on an 18 inch base.
- New look. The Out of Bounds Grill, located in the base lodge, now features an open floor plan and a full line-up of made-to-order menu items including Sunlight’s Signature Burger and the legendary house-made mesquite-smoked pork green chili.
- New options. An outdoor food service station and a fireplace with an overhead canopy make it more convenient than ever for skiers and riders to eat, drink and listen to local bands slope-side on the weekends.
- New après ski specials. Sunlight Lodge Bed & Breakfast is dishing up mouthwatering après ski entrees including Shepherd’s Pie and gourmet flame-grilled hamburgers. Also, don’t miss après ski specials Thursdays through Saturdays and the Friday Afternoon Club with free appetizers from 3-6 pm.
- New world record! On January 8, along with 150 other ski areas across the country, Sunlight will treat nearly two dozen local students to a free beginner lesson in an attempt to set a new Guinness World Record for the largest beginner ski and snowboard lesson taught concurrently.