For maximum thrills in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, try these 10 exhilarating vacation activities.
1. The Glenwood Canyon Flyer. Fly up, up and around on the Glenwood Canyon Flyer as it swings you out over Glenwood Canyon, 1,300 feet above the Colorado River.
2. The Cliffhanger Roller Coaster also at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is America’s highest elevation coaster!
3. Rafting. Paddle rapids with names like Baptism, Tuttle’s Tumble, the Wall, Tombstone and Man Eater.
4. Zipline across the Colorado River at Glenwood Canyon Resort where visitors can glide through the air from platform to platform.
5. Skydiving. Jump out of a perfectly good airplane in Glenwood Springs, Colorado’s newest drop zone!
6. Paragliding. Take a flying leap off Red Mountain and soar like an eagle, riding the air currents over the Roaring Fork River.
7. Ski or ride the East Ridge at Sunlight Mountain Resort, home to some of the steepest slopes in the state including 13 double black diamond runs!
8. Waterslides. The Avalanche Falls and Shoshone Chute at Glenwood Hot Springs twist and turn, dropping three stories before dumping riders out into a pool of water.
9. The town’s Ghost Walk in October is creepy and entertaining as the ghosts of Glenwood’s past, including Doc Holliday, come to life to tell their stories.
10. Mountain biking Boy Scout Trail. This single track trail dips and dives for five fast-paced miles of rollicking riding.
Book lodging and find out more about all the thrilling things to do in Glenwood Springs at visitglenwood.com.